So it's over a month since my dad passed away and it has almost gone back to normal now. Well I suppose it has. But then every now and then my mind wanders and I find myself realising I won't ever hear his voice again. I won't wish him a Happy Birthday and neither he to me. It all gets a bit real and I have a little meltdown.
This weekend was one of them. I was just awful to be around, I really felt bad about my poor husband having to sit by a weepy, misery of a wife. He is completely supportive and always there for me but it must be hard living with an unpredictable ball of emotions.
Anyway, grief aside, we have finally got our new car which is stunning and I love her. She is a white brand new Honda civic and is sooooooo lovely.
We had my nieces round over easter break to stay which was ok but exhausting, especially the teenage one. She has more mood swings that god knows what....she really annoyed me and I haven't had any desire to spend any time with her since. It really makes me thankful we don't have children in our life permanently and that our time is mostly just us and our little bear.
Our little bear has had urinary tract problems since before our holiday and now she has a special diet as she has crystals in her urine. Hopefully the diet will sort it out and she can be back to normal. She is 8 next month and gets cuter by the minute.
I am trying so hard to find somewhere for me and the husband to stay for a few nights in may. I am torn between the lakes and the Cotswolds. I will hopefully come to a decision soon.
I have finished all my teaching and assessing work and it is ready to hand in, I worked solidly on it and can't wait to see the back of it. It was so poorly organised and I don't even know if I have done it right but we will just have to see.
I am back on weight watchers but it is not coming off yet, I have started back up running and last week aside, have been three times a week. I was going to go to the gym today but a headache and feeling of exhaustion has taken the urge away. I am therefore going to nap instead. I might venture out for a walk later to try and boost my energy.
My rota is shit and me and the husband have barely any time together lately and for the foreseeable weekends have only one day together. Rubbish! I am determined though to make the most of time together and hopefully on Saturday we are going to go to Howarth for the day.
Other than that and looking for a new job, preferably a sisters post that's it. I am still waiting to hear back from my grievance letter at work for my compassionate leave. And we are soon to have a meeting with the union and managers about e roster.
That's about it for now,
ta ta xx
No comments:
Post a Comment