I want to start and keep a record of my runs just so that I know how I am doing and as and when I improve.
I started running again in July outside, building up from one mile to four miles. However, I had a gap of three or four minutes between each mile. This really bugged me so when we got back in the gym in Sept I started from scratch trying not to stop between each mile. I could do only do one at a time initially, then one and a half and then got to doing two. I managed to increase my time each time and got my best time at 21.30 minutes for two miles. I am so not a fast runner so this for me is as good as it's gonna get for now.
Then I downloaded a 10k training programme and started it about three weeks ago. Initially it started with two fifteen min runs with 2 min walk in between. So it meant after 32 mins I was hitting just about2.7 miles. Then it went to two 18 min runs and two min walk. Then I was hitting 3.3 miles in 28 mins. Not that great. Anyway, today I tried the continuous run and I was shit! I really stuggled to get to two miles, and that was slow as I was planning on 3miles. So I stopped for 50 seconds and then got to 2.6miles. Then finished off by getting to 3 miles in 34.30 mins. My legs are a bit of a problem and my hamstrings get really tight so today was a bad day.
Hopefully this will improve!
No comments:
Post a Comment